Sprout your own seeds easily at home with this DIY sprouting lid attachment for wide mouth Mason jars. This kit includes one mesh lid insert and one wide mouth ring steel band made of heavy duty stainless steel. It is super durable and won't rust.
This lid is great for making fresh sprouts but is also handy for straining or sifting. Pop in some icing sugar to sift over pancakes or cocoa powder to sift over a dark chocolate cake. Yum either way!
How to sprout seeds
1. Choose your seeds like alfalfa or mung beans. Look for ones labelled specifically for sprouting.
2. Wash the seeds, the jar, and lid.
3. Place 1 - 2 tablespoons of sprouts in the jar (no more than a quarter of the way up the jar as they will expand quite a bit) and cover with a few inches of water
4. Let soak for 8-12 hours preferably covered under a towel or tea cozy to keep the jar in the dark.
5. Drain the seeds and rinse them again
6. Place jar with seeds upside down at an angle to allow for drainage and air circulation. Keep them out of direct sunlight (in your drying rack is a good option since it drips).
7. Continue to rinse the seeds daily to be sure they don't dry out. As soon as they are big enough to harvest (generally 1 - 7 days) give them a final rinse and drain well in a colander.
8. Remove unsprouted seeds. Once dry, put in bowl and use within 1 week. Eat Raw
L x W: 9cm x 1.7cm / 3.54" x 0.67
|Dimensions||L X H
9cm x 1.7cm / 3.54" x 0.67
|Care Instructions||Wash by hand.|
|Country of Manufacture||United States|
|Health & Environment||BPA-free, phthalate-free, PVC-free and lead-free.|