Welcome to one of the most high-quality and plastic-free fermentation kits out there!
This set comes with one 316 stainless steel spring and press, as well as a 304 stainless steel cap and moat. To use this fermenting kit, you will need a glass mason jar, a ring and a lid to seal it.
This higher quality steel is great news because it means no more rusty pieces that have to be thrown out prematurely so it's less work for you and it's better for the environment!
It also comes with one spare food-grade silicone gasket and an instruction manual to help you go through the fermenting process.
Here's a handy video to show you a quick rundown of how to assemble to product and use it to ferment.
1. Place your prepared ingredients into a wide mouth mason jar until about the shoulder of the jar.
2. Press down the ingredients with the pounder (sold separately on this site).
3. Pour brine one inch above ingredients. (Brine ratio = 1 tsp (5 ml) sea alt dissolved in 1 cup (240 ml) of filtered water.)
4. Place silicone gasket around the rim of the moat.
5. Put the spring onto the press then put the piece with the moat onto the spring (inserting the spring through the slit of the moat and rotating the spring to lock and unite the three pieces).
6. Place the compressed unit onto the mason jar and spin to connect the two.
7. Rotate the handle to release it and allow it to lower the disk into the contents to submerge the food.
8. Fill the moat with tap water until around 2/3 of the way up and place the cap over the moat.
|Materials||Cap, moat, lid, and ring are made of 304 stainless steel. Press and spring are made of 316 stainless steel. Lid has food-grade silicone ring attached.|
|Care Instructions||Hand wash in warm soapy water and let dry.|
|Country of Manufacture||China|
|Health & Environment||BPA-free, phthalate-free, PVC-free and lead-free.|