We love yoga and have been looking for a natural mat for years. We've finally found one at an ethically-minded small manufacturer in India, where all yoga mats are woven by hands and with love. These mats are completely plastic-free and made from all natural materials. They are machine washable.
Each mat is hand-crafted in India by local artisans and is made from 100% pure cotton. Many of the artisans working on these mats represent the third generation of hand-crafters in their lineage.
The cotton is locally sourced by the artisans who wash, process, and naturally dye the cotton into yarn strands. The yarn is then woven into mats through looms and shuttles without any electricity or other power source.
This mat has a super safe life-cycle from beginning to end.
- Highly absorbent: The pure cotton allows for the absorption of perspiration which prevents sweat accumulation and slipping. It also prevents the mat from sticking to you unlike their plastic counterparts.
- Breathable: The woven cotton is breathable unlike plastic alternatives.
- Comfortable: The woven texture is easy on pressure points.
- Earth-friendly: Woven from natural materials. Woven by hand without using electricity or other power sources. Plastic-free, latex-free, and PVC-free.
- Ethical: These mats support local artisans in India working in fair conditions.
- Washable: These mats are machine washable in cold water and can be hung to dry.
This version is the vibrant sea green. Also available in other colours.
|Dimensions||L X W
72" X 26" / 183 x 66 cm
|Care Instructions||Machine wash in cold water and dry flat.|
|Country of Manufacture||India|
|Health & Environment||BPA-free, phthalate-free, PVC-free and lead-free.|