Mama Mundo Inc. ("Mama Mundo", "we", "us", "our"), which is the parent company of Life Without Plastic, Life Without Plastic Wholesale, and Sanctus Mundo, is committed to protecting your online identity and all Personal Information (as defined below) you share with us. We take this commitment very seriously and aim to provide you with the safest and most secure experience we can while you visit and interact with our websites. Please note that you are most welcome to visit our websites, which include the websites of Mama Mundo, Life Without Plastic, Life Without Plastic Wholesale and Sanctus Mundo ("Websites"), without providing any Personal Information or registering with us.
We honour your consent
Your consent may be express, implied, or deemed (using an opt-out mechanism). Express consent can be given orally, electronically, or in writing. Implied consent is consent that can be reasonably be inferred from your action or inaction. We provide regular opportunities to 'opt-out' from receiving any unwanted messages or solicitations.
What type of information do we collect and how is it used?
Mama Mundo collects information to help us serve you and to personalize and improve our mutual interactions, be they through our websites, or through e-mail, Social Media, telephone, fax, or other forms of communication. By "Social Media", we mean Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram and any other forms of online communication.
There are three broad categories of information we gather:
- Anonymous Information: Anonymous Information is information that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information. Anonymous Information does not permit the identification of individual persons. Our web servers collect some Anonymous Information when you visit our websites that helps us define the type of user that accesses our websites. This information may include the address or uniform resource locator (URL) of the webpages you visit prior to and after visiting our websites, the type of web browser and operating system you are using, the level of encryption that your browser supports, your Internet Protocol address, and the pages you visit on our site. The purpose of this information is to give us an idea of our audience, which helps us develop our product line and other services. As well, such information is useful for trouble-shooting, optimizing our online presence, and aggregate statistical analysis of use of our websites.
Is this information shared in any way?
- Public Content: If you post content for public view on our Websites, it may be accessible by other consumers and companies and may appear on other websites or web searches, and therefore this information could be read, collected, and used by others. We may distribute such public content to a wider audience by sharing it (or portions of it) with third parties for promotional purposes. We may also edit or remove such public content if it is inappropriate. Please exercise caution when posting any Personal Information, as we cannot control who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post.
- Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, and we may share information with them. For example, shipping companies such as Canada Post, United States Postal Service, Fedex and UPS ship parcels on our behalf. As well, other companies or individuals may assist us with customer and technical support, hosting and maintaining our Websites, operating various features made available on our Websites, sending emails or paper mail outs, analyzing data, providing search results and links, performing payment processing and assisting in fulfilling your orders. These parties may have access to Personal Information needed to perform their functions but they are only provided the limited amount of information required to perform their service.
- Investigations and Legal Reasons: We may release Personal Information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law or protect the rights, reputation, property or safety of Mama Mundo, our users, or others. We reserve the right to investigate abuses on our Websites. We may release Personal Information to:
- take action regarding suspected illegal activities;
- comply with the law, including any legal process served on us;
- protect our rights, reputation, and property, or that of our users, or others; or
- protect against fraud and credit risk.
- Aggregate information: We may disclose some Anonymous Information. We may share some of the findings of our analysis of non-personal information with third party service providers, advertisers, affiliates, strategic partners, and others in order to help grow our business. We may also publish this information for promotional purposes. Please note that this is NOT Personal Information, only general summaries of the activities of our users.
How secure and confidential is the information we collect?
Mama Mundo has put in place commercially reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the security, confidentiality, and integrity of your Personal Information entered through our Websites, including sophisticated encryption and authentication tools. We use industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt information you send us electronically. This protects such information from being read as it travels through the Internet. SSL is considered to be among the most secure ways to do business through the Internet. When SSL is active, it will display (depending on your software) a closed lock or an unbroken key, letting you know that the information you provide will be secure.
Once our Websites receive your information transmission, we make commercially reasonable and appropriate efforts to ensure its security in our systems. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, nor can any company fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information. Thus, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our Websites, and you do so at your own risk.
It is important that you protect your password to your account on our Websites to prevent others from accessing it. Please be sure to always click "Logout" when you are finished browsing our Websites or making a transaction.
How can I access and change my Personal Information?
You can access and change the Personal Information in your account at any time by simply logging into your account using your username and password.
You may request deletion of your Personal Information by contacting us, but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). You cannot delete information associated with past transactions on our Websites. When we delete Personal Information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives.
How is children's online privacy protected?
What about third party advertisers and links to other websites?
How can I contact you?
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 1.888.898.0369, or 1.819.459.1459
Mama Mundo Inc.
30 Chemin Gendron
J0X 3G0 Canada
Last Revised: 12 March 2014