Hold on to your socks folks! We have a super cool new product! Ladies and gentleman, introducing the all new plastic-free stainless steel reusable coffee filter pod!
This an exciting find and really a big deal because disposable coffee pods for single serve brewing machines are a huge source of plastic waste. It is estimated that in 2014, the amount of K-cups that ended up in landfills could have circled the Earth 12 times around! By substituting disposable cups with these reusable ones, you can seriously reduce your plastic footprint.
This cup is made in the U.S.A. from stainless steel and is roughly 4.5 cm high with a diameter of 4 cm. This pod comes with orange stickers that are meant to be placed on the top of the pod which allow it to be compatible with Keurig 1.0 and 2.0 machines.
It also makes a great gift! Pick up a pack of their favorite coffee and pair it with this filter for a personal and unique gift idea! Yes it's eco-friendly but it is also cost-efficient for users and really cool because you can use your own coffee every morning!
Simple steps for brewing
1. Fill the reusable filter pod 2/3 to 3/4 full with your favorite coffee.
2. Close the lid until tightly sealed (dust off any excess coffee that may prevent closing).
3. Place the pod in your brewer machine and close the machine.
4. Select your strength and size and start brewing!
Tips for a great tasting brew
- Use fresh ground coffee and filtered water.
- Do not overpack the pod as this can prevent proper filtering.
- Use a standard drip grind. A grind of coffee that is too fine will restrict the flow of water while a grind that is too coarse will result in water flowing too quickly.
- Try different combinations of strength and portion size to find what works best for you!
- Try our biodegradable paper filters that you can use in the pods to reduce any residue sediment.
Rinse the pod after every use. Once a week wash the pod by hand and be careful not to damage the sticker while cleaning. If oils accumulate near the bottom holes, create a mixture of vinegar and water and let the pod sit in this for an hour.
This coffee pod comes in a plastic box.
It is compatible with Keurig 1.0 and 2.0 machines like the K10 (B31) Mini Plus, K45 (B40) Elite, K44 (B44) Classic, K50 (B50), K60 (B60) Special Edition, K66 (B66) Ultimate, K70 (B70) Platinum, K75 (B75) Platinum Plus, K77 (B77) Select Ultra, K79 (B79) Platinum Plus, K100 (B100), K135 (B135), K140 (B140), K200 (B200), K250 (Keurig 2.0), K1000 (B1000), K350 (Keurig 2.0), K400 (Keurig 2.0), K450 (Keurig 2.0), K460 (Keurig 2.0), K500 (Keurig 2.0), K550 (Keurig 2.0),K560 (Keurig 2.0). Also with Cuisinart SS-700 and SS-780PC and Breville BKC 600XL and BKC 700XL as well as the mr.coffee BVMC-KG1.
It is not compatible with Keurig® B30, K130/B130, K145 (B145), K150 (B150), K155 (B155), K3000 (B3000), Mr. Coffee® BVMC-KG5 or Keurig® Vue®.
|Dimensions||L X W X H 4cm X 4cm X 4.5cm/ 1.57" X 1.57" X 1.77"
|Care Instructions||Rinse well after use. Machine wash once a week.|
|Packaging||Cardboard with plastic window and plastic support|
|Country of Manufacture||United States|
|Health & Environment||BPA-free, phthalate-free, PVC-free and lead-free.|